Exciting. Challenging. Rewarding. These are the type of career opportunities Marketplace Events offers to our team members. If you thrive in an environment that encourages accountability, creativity, teamwork, relationship building, customer service and sales and marketing excellence, we encourage you to explore becoming a member of our passionate team.
Marketplace Events is committed to its vision and values. As an employer, we support employees in finding a work/life balance and recognize the importance of a vibrant and dynamic work environment. We are proud that in our 2023 Annual Employee Survey 86% of our employees felt engaged in their work vs. the US national average of only 32% (Gallup research). Most important to us, 99% of our employees said they are proud to work for Marketplace Events and 97% said the work they do is meaningful to them.
If you wish to apply for any of the positions below and are interested in joining this type of organization, please forward your application to the HR department by emailing email@example.com unless otherwise stated.
Two full-time positions available. Currently recruiting in the following markets: Buffalo, Calgary/Edmonton (Alberta), Maryland, Minneapolis, Ohio, Pennsylvania & Virginia.
These are remote positions working from home. This position is responsible for selling exhibit space via telephone (primarily) and face-to-face calls (limited). We provide you your own territory along with a robust customer base. Selling exhibit space for our premier home shows to businesses in the remodeling, home décor, landscaping and building industries is your primary responsibility. We are proud to offer the highest quality home shows in the market to top tier home improvement companies. If you have a hunter mentality and are driven to make things happen, this is the job for you!
Experience: Applicant should meet criteria outlined
Marketplace Events is currently hiring a Social Media Coordinator to work alongside our Community + Content Manager. This position is for you if you understand the importance of abiding by terms of service, and you are always trying to stay up to date with the current social algorithm. You speak in memes, gifs, and hashtags.
This remote position will focus on leveraging and growing current social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube) to take our events to the next level in social engagement. In addition, this role will be responsible for content updates across multiple social media channels and show websites. Reporting to the Community + Content Manager located in Toronto, and working with the Marketplace Events digital department, this role coordinates with senior management, internal members of the marketing team, sales teams, and external partners.
TASK AT HAND:
Updating social accounts and websites, you are responsible for the posting and creation of social content and driving the overall social presence for 75+ events, allowing the events to engage in a more personal way with their communities. As shows occur on weekends, some evening and weekend work will be required.
· Part content editor and part customer generator, you will be the voice of the brand and work to deepen relationships with booked vendors and attendees. You will strategically use Facebook and Instagram to follow booked and potential exhibitors and sponsors.
· Part of your role will be to create a community around our events with ‘behind the scenes’ style content creating FOMO for both prospects and attendees.
· Extend social networking from B2C to B2B in ways that support business goals.
· Monitor all sale prospect messages and forward to the appropriate teams.
· Help to edit and plan a content schedule and workflow for requesting, creating, and publishing content for each event.
· Research products to create blog articles & posts based on current partners & vendors.
· Assist teams with posting content to ensure all channels remain active.
· Create unique content relevant for social channel – written, image, carousel, or video.
· Provide one-on-one help to team members.
· Monitor & engage in conversations happening around the shows.
· Monitor all channels and respond to questions and comments in a brand-centric voice.
· Work with digital team to implement social advertising and contests.
· Work with local PR agencies to coordinate and approve the content calendars.
· Assist with tracking and maintaining yearly reports to monitor social growth.
WEBSITE + DIGITAL MARKETING:
· Assist with website blog copy writing, updates, and changes.
· Share best practices and key learning with the rest of the marketing team.
DESIRED SKILLS + EXPERIENCE:
· Thrives in a fast-paced environment; able to meet tight deadlines.
· Post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing, communications, journalism, or English.
· Above average communication, writing and editing skills.
· 1-2 years of relevant social media experience.
· Experience growing a community.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Keen eye for compelling creative.
· Exceptional knowledge of social media platforms and tools.
· Experience using third party platforms to host contests and integrated content on social.
· Experience with Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator and Canva.
· Basic knowledge of Google Analytics.
· Working knowledge of SEO and how it influences social media.
· Knowledge of any of the following platforms and programs would be an asset – Sprout Social, Hype Auditor, Adobe Premier Pro/Acrobat, Microsoft Office, Promo, Handbrake.
· An interest in topics related to home, garden, holiday, and DIY.
· A valid passport is required as some travel will be necessary.
This position is full-time, in a remote work environment.
Health, dental, and vision benefits as well as GRSP plan with 3% employer match.
Generous paid time off program, four weeks per calendar year.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume via LinkedIn here: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3616868341
Experience: Applicant should meet criteria outlined